A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Yellow Ponte Knit Long Skirt & McCall 3033 Organza Capelette

I used my TNT Sure-Fit Designs slim skirt pattern, lengthening the skirt to 31" and adding a back walking vent.  I had to re-size my pattern and remove 8" from the hips!  OH MY!

I purchased the Medallion Yellow Rayon/Nylon/Lycra Ponte Knit fabric from Fabric Mart Fabric some time last year.  My sewing machine did not like sewing this knit.  I tried Girl M's cheap sewing machine and it didn't like the fabric either.  I changed needles, I changed thread, and tension settings and I ended up using my industrial sewing machine. 

I was able to use a microtex needle in my sewing machine to do a blind hem.  I worked well enough but I wasn't sure it was going to work.


For the top I used the McCall 3033 capeletet and hacked the pattern a little.  The organza fabric I had in my stash forever.  I shortened the back and lowered the front.  I used a mirotex needle for the double fold rolled hem and a little starch to stiffen the fabric.  The top turned out great.

Quick Picture before Church
Sunday picture

I'm off to sew something else!

Until next time................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice. Looks great on you! Congrats on losing 8 inches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. That top steals the show. I know you are doing the happy dance with having to remove 8". Is hubs losing as well?

    ReplyDelete