A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, October 25, 2019

McCall 7193 ITY Knit Panel Print Sleeveless Top

Dear Hubby & I had an outdoor event to attend and with the weather still hot here I knew it had to be sleeveless, airy and a no sweat show print fabric.

I used the McCall 7193 top pattern, I bought this panel fabric from Fabric Mart earlier last month and I thought it would make a nice top.  I used Steam-a-seam 2 lite for the neckline, armholes and bottom hem since I could not decide what color thread to use.

McCall 7193

Side view

Back View
I wore the top with jeans!  No pictures!  So did it really happen?  It did but I'm not picture comfortable yet.

Ok so I wore this outfit again, and I had Girl M. take a photo this time.  Not too bad but still not thrilled with photos of myself.  Over the past 2 years I've lost 99.5lbs.  Almost 100lbs,  but not quiet!

McCall 7193 top & JEANS!


I'm off to sew something new!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. You are such an encouragement! You look wonderful. I love to see all the things you make as your wardrobe needs change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is wonderful! Congratulations on the weight loss. I know it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a long journey, over 2 years but something had to change. No looking back now!

      Delete
  3. You look great in your new top and jeans! Wow, 100 pounds! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you again! Thanks to a computer malfunction about 6 months ago, I lost a lot of my e-mail newsletters and subscribed accounts. Just one day stopped getting things in my e-mail. Geek Squad said it came from my service provider so I changed my e-mail service and I have since been recovering what I can remember. I remembered you last night as I was thinking of a post of yours from a long time ago. I searched for you and found you again. All of this to say.....

    OMG! When I looked at your post from 10/23 my first thought was how much weight you have lost. It is SOOOO obvious. You look fabulous and I am so happy for you (and I don't even know you!). And then today you come on and say how much you have lost. 100 lbs. is massively impressive.
    I have enjoyed looking back through what I have missed on your blog. Thanks for not giving it up like so many others have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how sweet! Thank you for just thinking of me. Blogging is like talking to an empty room, but I cherish all my commentators and I enjoy the conversations & friendships. It's been a loong 2+ years on weight loss and some weeks were better than others but I'm glad I started and continued. No surgery, no pills, just me.
      Bloggers have slacked off and many have moved onto YouTube videos, I enjoy both reading blogs and watching videos and to each their own, I'm not comfortable with videos, it's hard enough for me to take a photo of myself more less an entire video. Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.

      Thanks again for finding me & I always look forward to hearing from my sewing friends.

      Happy Sewing!

      Delete