A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 21, 2019

Fall Wardrobe 1

I purchased these shoes last year and have yet to wear them because I had nothing that matched.  Since Fall is only a week or two here, I thought I would work on a little wardrobe of items to match with them.

New Shoes

Demin & shades of blue looks nice with the shoes

Fall Wardrobe 1

Shopping in my stash was a lot of fun and I had more fabric than I thought that matched with the shoes.


I only had a 1 yard by 36" wide piece of this blue fabric.  I think it's some type of polyester peachskin.  The only item I could think to make with it besides a sleeveless top was a butterfly sleeve kimono/cape/poncho thing.

1 yard fabric piece

Pinning the sides

I used bias tape on the neckline to keep it stable. 

Bias tape neck

I used a narrow rolled hem on the bottom and the sides.

Tiny rolled hem-inside

Outside
I really like how this top came out and plan to wear it with denim & khaki skirts and jeans!  Shocker, I know!  But I finally bought a pair from QVC and they fit!  You may never see me in them, but they are folded nicely in my closet for a "just in case" moment.

Front View

Side View

Back View
I'm off to sew something wonderful!

Until next time........................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Nice shoes. I think tan shoes are neutral and would go with navy , tan , greens etc. I hope you have fun sewing up your matching wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. What a great choice for the fabric - and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your poncho! The colors are great. The shoes are killer, too.

    ReplyDelete