A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 1, 2019

Simplicity 1499 Teal Double Knit Quilted Vest





I saw this pattern on a Facebook group and I had to have it.  It's an easy sew but I was nervous about the separating zipper.   I did make a muslin from a ponte knit in a size 18 and it was too big.  I ended up using a size 16 in the bust and waist and a 22 in the hips.  The fit is A+ and I really want the weather to get cooler! 
Simplicity 1499
The double fold bias tape was very easy to apply.  But the separating zipper was the easiest part!  So simple with the look of being way harder than it was.

I bought the fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics earlier in the Month (oops!)  But it's pre-quilted and sewed up beautifully.

Simplicity 1499 Teal Double Knit Quilted Vest
See those pockets!
Side View

Back View

Separating Zipper 

$9.10 Vest
Girl M threatened to steal the vest so I just happened to go back over to Fabric Mart Fabrics and they had the coral on sale.  So there will be another version (a little smaller in the hips though) coming soon.

I'm off to sew something wonderderful!

Until next time...............

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! If you were in Louisville, KY today you would be able to wear it for sure! 29 degrees this morning when I left for work. brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to keep the vest and tried the separating zip- your sewing skills are terrific so I'm sure you could try your hand at anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, I'm always scared to try something new, but impressed when it works out great. Today it may be cool enough to wear the vest!

      Delete