A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 22, 2019

Kwik Sew 3915 Pewter Sweater Knit Top & Christmas Decor Sewing

Having such success with the purple sweater knit top I had to make a second top from this super soft pewter rayon/poly/lycra  sweater knit fabric.  It feels like cashmere. 


Kwik Sew 3915

Neck View
The fabric was purchased at Fabric Mart Fabrics a few months back.  I used buttons from my stash and could only find three so I made it work.

Kwik Sew 3915 Pewter Sweater Knit Top


I made a few Christmas decor items. This year is black & white buffalo plaid Christmas.

 I purchased this quilt panel from Annie's Attic.  I added the black & white buffalo check border and the red binding.  I remember why I don't like quilting.  I love the finished product but HATED the quilting process!

Quilt panel wall hanging
New family stockings with the Brookshier #07739 pattern in my stash.  Buffalo plaid fabric from Fabric.com!  Can you believe I shopped somewhere else?  I didn't have names embroidered on the cuffs in case I changed the theme next year.  The white cuff fabric was velour knit-Better Spa Wear Manufacturer from Fabric Mart Fabrics.  The velour knit was easy to work with and feels so soft.

Stockings


I purchased the table runners and pillow covers from Amazon.


Tablecloth made my me with fabric from Fabric.com. 


Growing up my Mom had a stuffed Christmas tree we displayed every year.  This is my version from the McCall 4693 pattern in my stash.  It was an easy sew and soooo cute!

McCall 4693 Stuffed Christmas Tree


Buffalo plaid Christmas

Funny thing about living in Florida is that your plants don't always know when to bloom.  My violets just bloom whenever and I like it like that!

African Violets

My few herbs I try to keep alive with another African Violet plant.

Cilantro, Basil & African Violet
I'm off to sew something new..............

Until next time...............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I like your new tops, purple and grey. Yet another pattern that I have but have never opened.
    Your buffalo plaid decor is very nice but I especially like the stuffed tree and red star.

    ReplyDelete