A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is a day to reflect on what all you are Thankful for.  I try my best to be Thankful EVERY day.  Our Thanksgiving is very non-traditional, but a tradition to "US".

This year is no exception.  We travel to Georgia for Thanksgiving week.  Hunting.  Getting up at 5:15am every morning.  Lots of soups for dinner.  Family visits between hunting times.  Making Memories.

This year we got to spend the first half of the week with Boy T and Lady K.  I enjoy their company so much.  I'm usually the camp cook and I like soup because it's one pot cooking , easy, warms your belly and can feed a crowd.

Since the kids had to leave on Wednesday before Thanksgiving to go back to Florida (uggh jobs!), we decided to have Thanksgiving with them on Monday afternoon.  We took our non-traditional meal up a notch and decided to have a low country boil.  We've never cooked one and Dear Hubby has just recently decided he likes shrimp!

Low country boil Thanksgiving

Yummy

Thanksgiving sides

Thanksgiving 2019

Thanksgiving week selfie

Sunset over a cotton field

Girl M & Dear Hubby
Boy F. and his girlfriend will be coming up on Thursday evening to spend the last half of the week with us.  We plan on another non-traditional Thanksgiving meal with them on Saturday.  We'll see what I can come up with.

I miss my sewing room, my fabrics, and my routine.  I've caught up on YouTube videos, sewing blogs & now I have a million new sewing ideas to try. 

I hope that you get to spend time with the people you Love,

Happy Thanksgiving

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving. I have always told my family that celebrating doesn't have to be ON THE DAY of whatever holiday we are observing....just as long as it happens at a time that works for everyone. And the meal doesn't have to be what is traditionally expected either. So much less stressful.
    Sounds like you guys are doing it right.

    ReplyDelete