A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, November 25, 2019

Purple & Green Abstract Print Hacchi Sweater Duster & New Toys

I'm really liking sewing up sweater dusters.  I feel they are versatile and fashionable at the same time.  I love the colors of the Hacchi sweater knit I bought from FabricMartFabrics.com and the green TNT dress I had in my closet was a great match.

Sweater Duster
I was afraid the duster looked too Mardi Gras.


$15.75 Sweater Duster

Sunday Photo
My Brother CE7070PRW sewing machine started acting up and I just happened to look on Facebook Marketplace and someone had this Vintage Kenmore sewing machine for sale.  It came with the manual, extra feet & some supplies.  I have been considering an older machine because they are usually metal, made for heavier sewing.

Kenmore 1302

It was a tight squeeze but I made it fit in my sewing room!  The Kenmore is similar to the one my Mother had when I was growing up.  Girl M. helped me clean it up and oil it and this machines runs beautifully!

Cozy Sewing

The seller had this 2000 Janome beauty for sale too.  They made me an offer I could NOT refuse.  Both machines for $55!  I could not bring them home quick enough.  The Janome fit down into my sewing table perfect.  My Brother didn't fit there.  It was a match made in Heaven!


Janome L392
I ordered a new bobbin case for my Brother machine and it helped.  I just think that since I sew A LOT that I need a heavy duty machine.  But my Brother machine makes beautiful buttonholes and blind hem stitch for hemming.  I'll just keep it working to use for sewing them.

Creative Heaven
I'm off to play with my "NEW TO ME" toys!

Until next time..............

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Your sweater duster is beautiful. I love the colors. Have fun with your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment. There is not enough hours in the day to play with my "new" toys! LOL!

      Delete