A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 3, 2018

McCall 5668 Gray Faux Leather Jacket

Another version of the McCall 5668 jacket.  This version I used a piece of faux leather knit fabric in gray.  The color has a purple tint to it.  It was an easy sew after I figured out what needle in my machine worked best.  I ended up using a leather needle and I had to use my walking foot on some of the assembly.

McCall 5668 Faux Leather Knit Jacket
 I interfaced the front and back pieces with Pellon EK130 Fusi-Knit Interfacing and the sleeves were lined with a 100% nylon lining. 

Topstitching

Back View
 I think I need to make a long skirt to go with this jacket.

McCall 5668 Jacket
I'm off to sew something great!

Until next time....................

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Love the color and fabric. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased this faux leather knit fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com. My favorite place to spend ALL my money! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, been missing your posts! Hope all is well! Happy sewing!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Love, love, love this jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that means sooooo much to me! I received so many compliments when I wore it to Church. Mostly that it matched great with my hair! LOL!

      Delete