A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Simplicity 1067 Navy Fleece Jacket

Girl M didn't have a jacket for our Florida winter that has started early.  So this Momma got to work making her a new jacket.

I used the Simplicity 1067 View C.

Simplicity 1067
The directions are easy to follow and the jacket sewed up quickly.  I surprised her with this jacket so I did not make a muslin and hoped for the best.

I cut out a size 14 for the shoulders, bust and sleeves grading out to a size 18 at the hips. 

Simplicity 1067 Navy Fleece Jacket

Back View
Quick photo before school.  She really liked the jacket and said that it's the warmest jacket she's ever owned.

Girl M. before school

Great sunlight morning photo

Back View
The only thing she asked to change for another jacket was to lengthen the sleeves by about 1-3/4" and lower the pockets about 2".  Easy changes.

$19.50 jacket
I probably could have bought her a fleece jacket for the same price but she's happy, I'm happy all is good in the world!

Until next time......................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job. Navy is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiring words. I love Navy too, almost thought about keeping the jacket for myself!

      Delete
  2. It's PERFECT! I love that color and she looks super happy with it!

    ReplyDelete