A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 24, 2018

McCall 6074 Christmas Plaid, Party Highlights & Sparky the Fat Cat

Our oldest Son and Daughter in law host a Christmas party every year.  They come up with the most fun theme and usually we have a night of non-stop laughter and lots of food.

This year their theme was Christmas Pajamas and "As Seen On TV" gifts for the gift exchange game.

Well, I don't wear pajamas because I don't wear pants.  I did buy a cheap pair of fleece lounge pants  at Rural King and donated them to Girl M.  I felt like I couldn't breath!  So I made a Christmas dress/gown.  I had planned on just adding my robe and some slippers and call it an outfit!

I used my McCall 6074 TNT pattern.  I was not paying attention and realized after cutting it out and sewing it up that the pattern is angled.  Oh, well......... good enough for a family Christmas party.


McCall 6074 Plaid Brushed Jersey Knit Dress

Plaid brushed jersey knit dress
The fabric purchased at Fabric Mart during their 60% off jersey knit fabric sale back in November.  The brushed jersey fabric feels so baby soft.  The recovery is good and it sewed up great on my sewing machine, but the serger didn't like it???  Not sure why but it did ok if I serged slowly.  Glad there were only a few seams.

$21.58 Dress
At the last minute I didn't wear the robe because it was pouring rain and I just wasn't feeling it.  Everyone commented that the dress looked like something I would wear everyday..........well........ I wouldn't wear this.  I don't know why I'm not liking it.

I did end up cutting the sleeves off and making the dress short sleeves.  You never know about Florida's winter weather and it ended up being too warm for long sleeves and a sweater.

Dear Hubby looked too cute in his lounge pants.  He doesn't wear pajamas but he said he liked the flannel lounge pants and would probably take them to Georgia to hunt camp for the cold nights there.

Going to the Christmas Party
Girl M & Boy AJ were too funny.  He has on a Unicorn onesie.........I don't even want to know!  But he always keeps us on our toes!

Girl M & Boy AJ
But the funniest one was Boy F had on the pink bunny suit from A Christmas Story.  That was a shocking sight!  He's our comedian in the family.

Boy AJ & Boy F


Girl M. & our sweet Daughter-in-law.  They get along great and we are so blessed to have her in our family.
Girl K & Girl M


We enjoyed the As Seen On TV gift game.  We came home with magnetic eyelashes, Lint Lizard (dryer lint remover attachment for a vacuum cleaner) and two hearing enhancers!  What gifts!  I wanted to win "The Clapper".  But no luck!

Next year's plans are The Grinch Christmas Party and the gift must be "green".  I have a whole year to plan this one!

Food For Thought

Do you keep a sewing journal?  I use a spiral binder for TNT & Sure-Fit Designs and I have a three ring binder for things I need to grade sizes with a fill in the blank chart.  But this spiral is almost full with makes from this past year.  I write down any information about sewing the item, the fabric tag, and I staple a swatch of the fabric.

How do you record your sewing?
Sewing Journal

Animal Spotlight

Sparky the Fat Cat has fit right into our family.  After a few weeks of feeding him outside he realized we have a doggy door.  Now he just comes in and out and makes himself at home.  He like to bring me little yard moles, mice and huge grasshoppers.  I think he's sticking around.

Sparky the Fat Cat thinks he's getting warm
We named him Sparky since he found us July 4th week, but I've recently added FAT CAT because he's gained 11 pounds since then.  I think it's fitting.

That attitude!
I wish you ALL a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year

Until next time....................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Your party sounds like lots of fun. I am horrible at keeping a sewing journal going and I always think that I'll remember to right things down about a project but I don't. I recently bought a dedicated sewing journal and hopefully I will use it to help keep me straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye, Thank you for stopping by my blog, I am truly honored. I started journaling my sewing a few years back and I'm so glad I did if only for that one project I needed to reference, it was so worth it. Sometimes I feel a little repetitive on TNT patterns but it's one of the few good habits I have! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and family. I bet you had a fun time. I like your dress, sorry you don't. I like the plaid fabric. I am not good at keeping a journal. I do write info down on instruction sheets of the pattern. Vanessa at Sew Filled to the Brim is keeping a journal and actually planning what she is going to make each month. I am going to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! The dress is growing on me, I'm trying not to let the off set plaid bother me and the brushed jersey is so soft it's starting to win me over! I'm not very good at monthly planning, I always seem to veer off track. Happy Sewing!

      Delete