A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 30, 2018

Nordic Sweater Vest

I'm mentioned before that I love Serengeti Fashion catalog clothing.  Their clothing designs just seem to talk to me.  Their colors are just beautiful too.  In their Fall catalog there was a Nordic Sweater Vest that I knew I had to make.

Serengeti Nordic Sweater Vest
I looked through my pattern stash and found the Simplicity 9138 jacket looked very similar to this pattern's shawl collar and length.  I just had to make a few minor pattern adjustments and made a quick test muslin.
Simplicity 9138

I used a lined pattern, hoping that since the fabric frayed so much that it would help.  The Boulce fabric I bought recently from Fabric Mart Fabrics, of course!  The fabric is pretty weighty and I think a vest is perfect for the fabric.  I should have ordered a little more than 1-1/2 yards but I made it work.  I lined the vest with a piece of black nylon lining and the vest went together very easy.

S9138 Nordic Sweater Vest

Back View
$8.93 Copycat Vest

I can hardly wait for cooler weather and I think a vest is perfect for Florida's very short and mild winter.

Until next time....................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. That's a great versatile pattern and I like how you made it into a vest! Didn't see that fabric on FM's site but then I've been trying not to purchase as much from them lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell myself to unsubscribe from their daily emails, but I just can't! LOL! Love their sales and it's like Christmas every time the UPS brings me their box!

      Delete