A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 16, 2018

McCall 6074 Wine ITY Knit Dress

I think that the wine color for Fall is a nice match with my hair color.  Now that orange and browns are not in my favor anymore I'm trying to venture out and try more colors that look nice with my gray hair.

I used my TNT McCall 6074 pattern.  I added elbow length sleeves and made the skirt midi length (mid-calf).  The fabric was a little more see-through than I thought so I ended up having to make a under dress to wear with it.  I'm thinking that I can now use a few pieces of mesh knit I have in stock to make a dress to wear over the under dress.

McCall 6074 Wine ITY knit dress

The fabric sewed up nicely and there isn't anything new or exciting to tell you but I do think that this color dress will be a good wardrobe staple.  I also think that the dress can be dressed up or worn more casual.

I realized after sewing up the dress that it needed a slip or an under-dress.  The fabric has a mesh feel and I could see my bellybutton through it.  Not appropriate for Church!


McCall 6074 Wine ITY knit dress
I have a few cardigans in my closet I think look nice with this dress.

Polka Dots & Wine

Animal Print & Wine

Pink Bob Mackie & Wine
This is my favorite one.  A lady from Church gifted me with the cardigan and even though I'm not a sharkbite hem lover I love this cardigan.

Gray Cardigan & Wine
For the under dress I used the same McCall 6074 pattern and shortened the skirt 2" and took 1/2" from the neckline and armholes and making it sleeveless.  I also cut the front pattern piece out on the fold to eliminate any extra bulk in the front.  I didn't add the elastic casing to the front.  Simple dress that can be used as a liner or a slip.

Under-dress/Slip


I saw something on Facebook about checking your measuring tapes for the correct measurements.  Well of the 5 I have, only one (the light blue) was off a little.  In the trash it went!  I don't need that in my sewing room. 

Off measurements............

Until next time............................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment