A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween Mischief Print Matching Outfit

Fabric Mart Fabrics had this Halloween print fabric on sale earlier this month and I fell in love with it!  It's a cotton, quilting type fabric that I made Boy AJ a Islander Sewing Pattern #232 Hangin' Out Express Shirt.  I made him a short sleeve version this time since it's still warm here in Florida for Halloween.

Black/Bright Tiger Orange/White/Multi 100% Cotton Mischief Night Print Quilt-Weight Cotton - Windham Fabrics - 42W

Halloween Print Fabric


Halloween Mischief Print Islander Sewing Hangin Out Shirt #232 

Back View

With the leftover fabric of about 50"x 44" I made Girl M. a dress.  A simple Silhouette Pattern princess seam bodice top and just a rectangle, gathered skirt.  I used  black cotton fabric for the bodice since I didn't have enough of the print fabric.  I topstitched the princess seams with  orange thread to give it a little contrast.  Sleeveless, hidden zipper, lined bodice and it's done.

Halloween Mischief Print Sure-Fit Designs Princess seam dress

With Denim Jacket

Back View

Halloween Mischief Print Sure-Fit Designs Princess seam dress


Girl M liked the denim jacket with her dress.

Wearing to School

Matching

Until next time...................

Bonnie

1 comment: