A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 29, 2018

McCall 7122 Raglan Sleeve Top

Raglan sleeve tops have been on my mind lately.  I watched a few videos on YouTube on how to covert a T-shirt pattern to a raglan sleeve top but.............I just found a pattern I already had in my stash and went from there.

I used the McCall 7122.  This blue cotton knit version was a wearable test muslin for Girl M.  The pattern was a super easy sew and I only had to make a few minor alterations.  I shortened the sleeves 2.5" and made the bottom hem a shirt style with a curve.  



McCall 7122

Side view

Back View
This fabric had minimal stretch but she still liked the fit.

Other side view
I used a jersey knit fabric for the second version.  The fabric is so soft and has about 80% stretch.

She loves this version!
McCall 7122 Floral Raglan Sleeve Top

Back view

Side View
I have another version on the machine for her.............shhhhhh! It's a surprise!

Until next time...................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment