A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 1, 2018

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim Skirt

I used my Sure-Fit Designs body blueprint to make myself a black slim skirt.  Nothing exciting but a wardrobe basic I was in need of.

I tried on my body blueprint muslin I made a few month back and the fit was pretty good.  Sorry for the dim lighting, I had to take pictures by myself.

Sure-Fit Designs Body Blueprint Bodice and Skirt Muslin-Front View

Sure-Fit Designs Body Blueprint Bodice and Skirt Muslin-Back View

Sure-Fit Designs Body Blueprint Bodice and Skirt Muslin-Side View

Simply black poly suiting fabric for a slim skirt.  I lengthened the front darts, tapered the bottom by 1" at each seam allowance.

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim skirt-Front view

Back view, invisible zipper and back darts.

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim skirt-Back view

I ended up adding 1" elastic inserted into the waistband to help hold it a little closer to my waist.  Sorry for the wrinkles I had Girl M take these photos after Church.

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim skirt-Front view

This view looks so much better than the muslin one!

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim skirt-Back view

I'm very happy with the skirt and I am thinking a gray one may be sewn soon.

Sure-Fit Designs Black Slim skirt-Front view
UPDATE:.....................

Girl M wore the pink dot dress to Church yesterday.  She received so many compliments and she really liked the "party" dress. 

She's wearing it!

Back View


I'm off to create something new...................

Until next time.................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment