A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, November 5, 2018

Butterick 5029 Marilyn Monroe Halloween

Girl M. wanted to be Marilyn Monroe for Halloween.  I thought that this would be a quick dress and I already had a pattern.  I'm glad I made a muslin for the dress because it needed a lot of help. 

Butterick 5029
I used  a thrifted sheet for the muslin.  The fabric was a little too soft for a good dress and of course I didn't have one piece of white fabric to make this dress.  I'll just have to go shopping!

Muslin

Muslin-Back View
I bought and ivory faille fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics for her final dress.  The fabric has a beautiful hand to it and it sewed it beautifully.  I still needed to work on the crossover halter showing a little too much skin.
Butterick 5029 Marilyn Dress
Back View

Halloween 2018

Marilyn & James Dean

Halloween 2018
I'm off to sew something else...................

Until next time...............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment