A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, November 19, 2018

McCall 5668 Jacket

I'm trying a new pattern...........no TNT this time.  I sewed up a quick muslin in muslin fabric.....how funny!



The jacket sewed up pretty quick and there are only a few minor adjustments for the next version.  The muslin fabric I used has little flecks of green, tan, brown and pink in it.  It has a soft hand and frays like crazy.  I serged or pinked most of the seams.  The jacket is unlined but the sleeves are lined.

McCall 5668 Wearable Muslin


Pattern alterations needed for the next version:
  • Lengthened the Center Front 1" tapering to 0 at the side seams (Bust pulls front up)
  • Removed some fullness from the sleeve cap & lowered sleeve underarm 1/2"

I bought this black boulce suiting fabric with silver threads from Fabric Mart Fabrics last month for $2.99 yard.  It has a nice soft hand with a little structure.  I interfaced all pieces with Pellon EK130 Easy Knit interfacing for both the fraying and for a little extra structure.


Black Boulce suiting fabric


The fabric sewed up beautifully and the jacket went together easily.

McCall 5668 Black Boulce Suiting Fabric Jacket

Silver threads

Back View
 I purchased this rhinestone diamond pin from Fabric Mart Fabrics last year.  I didn't want a buckle so I could dress the jacket up or down.  This pin works perfect.
Rhinestone Pin
 I'm not sure what type of shirt/blouse to wear under.  Any suggestions?

McCall 5668 Jacket
 I used my Sure-Fit Designs slim skirt pattern for the skirt and lined with a poly lining.  Pure luxury!

McCall 5668 Jacket & Sure Fit Designs Skirt
I'm off to sew something else.................

Until next time.................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. A tank or sleeveless cowl neck blouse would work nicely. Love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete