A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Butterick 6838 Nightgown

For my Momma's birthday I just had to make her a nightgown.  She's mentioned a few times that the ones she buys don't fit her right.  Either the yoke is too tight or the armholes aren't right.  Since we both wear the same type of nightgown I thought I would just sew her my version and see if she likes it, if she doesn't I'll wear it!

Butterick 6838

Yoke Front

Yoke Back

Armhole

Butterick 6838 Nightgown


I used a sheet that I had in my sheet stash.  The feel is lovely, soft, yet a little crisp.  It sewed and ironed up beautifully.  I wanted to give her sleeves but I didn't have an inch of fabric left over!  If she likes the fit of this I will make her another one.  I may even make me one of flannel for the winter.  I made the XL without any pattern adjustments.  There is plenty of ease in this pattern.

I also bought her an Ancestry DNA kit for her birthday.  She's mentioned it a few times and I think it would be neat to find out what she's made up of.


Happy Birthday Momma!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment