A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 1, 2019

Simplicity 1612 Green Abstract Knit Dress

It's nice that Girl M. can wear colors that I can no longer wear.  She looks so good in greens, reds, yellows, browns, oranges.  More earth tone colors look best on her.  I do miss those colors and I can wear them as long as they are away from my face.  I now look better in jewel tones, pastels, florescent, white, black & grays.

I had this beautiful green knit fabric in my stash for a few years and laid it out for her to approve.  She liked it so sew it up I did!  Fabric Mart tag said this was Green/Cream Abstract Print Poly/Lycra Jersey Knit-Halston.  It feels more like ITY knit, silky with beautiful drape.  $10.80 Dress!

This version of the Simplicity 1612 I made maxi length and made her a slight flutter sleeve.  I also attempted a full bust adjustment on the bodice front pattern piece and it came out great!  The bodice band now sits a little below her bust (like it should).

Simplicity 1612

Back View

Girl M is on a roll and has requested another version in an eggplant/tan/black floral ITY knit she eyed.  This Momma is on a sewing streak!

We're planning a trip the first of June to Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma & Missouri and I need to think of some dress ideas.  Comfortable for travel, pet hair friendly, easy to pack and possibly woven?  We'll see............!

Girl M. was gifted a pair of shorts for her Birthday.  She asked me to try them on.  There was NO WAY I was going to fit into these size 16 shorts.  After about 20 minutes of us laughing so hard because I was very awkward trying to get my feet into these shorts, I got them on and buttoned.  There are no photos because I would NEVER wear shorts.  I have chunky knees and they are not to my modesty liking.  But it was nice to know that I fit into them.

Until next time...........

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. This is a great dress and I can see why she wanted another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color and print. Maxi dresses are my favorite dress style.

    ReplyDelete