A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 8, 2019

Simplicity 1612 Animal Print Knit Dress

Ok, this is Girl M's 12th Simplicity 1612 dress! Is a dozen enough?  Right now it is, I've got to sew something for myself!

I had a yard of black ITY knit that I thought would make a great bodice and brown/black animal print ITY knit for the skirt.  I made the skirt of the dress more flared and added 2" to the length.  The dress is fitted through the waist then the skirt has a wonderful flow.  She loved the dress and wore it that night to Church.  She paired it with a denim jacket (no photo) which was very cute.

Simplicity 1612

Side View

Back View


$7.00 Dress

I really need to order some black ITY knit.  I have NONE in my stash!  I can wait for a sale!

I'm still thinking about vacation dresses.  I may try some smocking.  Maybe........just thinking out loud.

Until next time.............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Love this pattern and your creations! I was reading your blog posts about growing out your grey, then i saw your profile picture. It looks stunning and really suits you. Hope you had a great easter. :-)

    ReplyDelete