A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 19, 2019

McCall 6074 to the Rescue: Great Gatsby Gala Dress

Dear Hubby informed me at the last minute (Tuesday afternoon prior) that we were attending a Great Gatsby themed Gala event.  The 20's were not a very flattering style on a curvy girl.  What to do?

My McCall 6074 TNT dress to the rescue!



McCall 6074 Great Gatsby Gala Dress
I purchased this fabric early last year from FabricMartFabrics.com thinking of using it for either Christmas/New Years or Girl M Prom dress.  It's a very thin knit fabric but it makes up in the glitz without leaving sparkles everywhere.  The fabric sewed up easy and I used gray/silver thread to topstitch.  I couldn't tell if the fabric was silver or gold so either worked.

$8.00 Gala Dress


Selfie!
I'm excited to show you on my next post our Resurrection Sunday outfit.  I just happen to stop into Belk to try to find Dear Hubby a shirt and tie to match my outfit and I got lucky!

Until next time..............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty dress! I can't wait to see the Resurrection Day outfit!

    ReplyDelete