A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 12, 2019

McCall 5668 Green Floral Shantung Jacket

I think green will be our color for Easter this year.  I purchased this floral shantung fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com late last year. 

I used my favorite McCall 5668 jacket pattern.  The pattern sews up so quick and I can start & stop just about anytime without loosing my train of thought.  I did take an additional 1/2" at the side seams and I lined the sleeves in a white polyester lining.



Sleeve Slit
 I fused the Pellon EK130 knit interfacing on all pieces.  I do love this type of interfacing. 
Inside

Inside-Back

Side Seams

$25.98 Jacket
 Now I have to decided what color ponte knit for a dress.  I'm thinking the last one on the right.  A simply TNT princess seam dress.

Dress choices

McCall 5668 Jacket
I hope to get to the dress this weekend.  It should be an easy sew & nothing too complicated.

Until next time.....................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. You've done a great job on your jacket, Bonnie! It's looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. I love the colors of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely jacket! I like the two fabrics on the right in your line up for the dress. Both of those will work well with the jacket fabric. I have to say I am partial to the blue fabric as it helps draw out the blue in the fabric, it gives it a pop of color. You will be looking lovely for Easter!

    ReplyDelete