A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, January 28, 2019

TNT Princess Seam Dress Houndstooth & Black

At Church there is the sweetest 8 year old girl whom I share a Birthday with.  We are always daydreaming of donuts for our shared Birthday.  Well, a few weeks ago she wore a dress to Church and I realized I have the same fabric in my stash.  So we decided that I would make myself a dress and we would wear them on the same day.

After making my TNT Simplicity 7106 Princess seam dress up it was too big in the bust, waist and hips.  I worked on the fit and when I tried it on, it fit the waist and hips but was a little too tight in my chest area.  So I talked Girl M into trying the dress on and it fit her pretty good, it just needed a little taking in at the back waist area.

S7106 Roses Houndstooth Dress
 So now my matching idea was a little out the window until I thought I had some double knit fabric with just plain hounds-tooth design.  So the second go-around I made myself a dress that fit much better and now the three of us have matching dresses!


S7106 Houndstooth & Black Dress



Side View



Back View


$8.00 Dress


Until next time................

Bonnie




2 comments:

  1. I think my favorite part of your posts is that FM sticker at the end of the post. Now don't get me wrong, both dresses are very pretty and I'm glad you had enough fabric to make another one that fit you better.

    ReplyDelete