A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Butterick 5649 Black Denim Twill Skirt & Lighting

I made another version of the Butterick 5649.  The fabric was purchased back in December.  Twice.  That's when you know you order too often, when you order the same fabric two times.  The fabric didn't have any stretch so I did not make any adjustments to the pattern like the lavender version except I did make the two additional back waist darts.

Butterick 5649 Black Denim Twill Skirt

Back View

$4.99 Denim Skirt
It seems that my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and when I sew I have to have ALL the lights on.  I saw a YouTube video that someone mentioned these little LED lights for your sewing machine and I thought why not.   They are the BEST!!

Industrial Sewing Machine 30 LED Magnetic Flexible Mounting Light Lamp US

Light on my Brother

Light on my serger

Light on my "New" Toy
I've been practicing on my "new" Brother industrial machine and I'm feeling better about using it.  I'm trying to figure out how to change the stitch length.  We finally got the knob on the right front of the machine loosened and there is no stitch length change no matter what I change the dial to.  I've been researching it but have yet to find anything.

Until next time..................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment