A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 25, 2021

Life in Pictures & A Love Notions Pheasant Rhapsody Blouse

 Girl M. started LPN school in August.  She has just started clinicals and was looking very professional in her whites!

First day of clinicals

Dear Hubby & Boy T went out on the airboat.  Dear Hubby is enjoying his retirement.  I look forward to "me" time when he's gone!

Guys on the airboat

Boy F. is in school learning to climb these big things. (Not sure what they are called!) But they are 65-90 feet tall!

Boy F at the top!

I think I'll stay on the ground!, Girl M braided my hair the other day.  It hurt!  I can't believe it's long enough to braid.  I miss my short, easy to fix hair!

Braided!


I hurt my wrist pulling out my 2lb office chair!  I wish I had some great story to tell about my injury!  I put ice on it right away and hoped it was just a muscle pull but it's been a week and hasn't got much better.  I'll give it one more week, then call the Doctor.

Old age injury?

Dear Hubby felt bad for me and picked up a wrist stabilizer for me.  It has helped but I am still unable to bend my wrist away from me or pick up anything with weight.  Hmmmm, not sounding good!

Dear Hubby Doctoring me!


I have had this beautiful 100% polyester pheasant print fabric for a few years and new I wanted to make a blouse with it.  After cutting out the pieces, I realized the print was directional.  Uggggh!

Directional print mishap!

Luckily I hand enough fabric left to re-cut the pattern!  That was a close one!

I used the Love Notion's Rhapsody blouse with 3/4 length sleeves with elastic and curved shirt tail hem.  I really enjoyed sewing up this pattern again.  It's easy for a one handed, very slow sewer and I took my sweet time.  Only took me 4 days! LOL!

Love Notion's Rhapsody blouse 

Back view

I did finish the upside down print version as a sleeveless blouse.  Now I have two!  

We are having washer issues.  It doesn't want to drain or spin.  Not all the time though.  I can was 5 pair of underwear just fine but not 6!  I'm exaggerating but any load with weight won't finish.  It's still under warranty so I do hope they'll fix or replace it soon.  

Washing machine drama

Sewing may be slow and sporadic with my "boxing" injury and also it's hunting season.  

Until next time.....................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Your braided is pretty. A friend of wears her hair like that quite often. I hope your arm feels better soon. May want to call your Dr and get it checked out since its painful. Nice blouse you made. I messed up making a robe years ago as I did the same thing on one side. Take care. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete