A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 11, 2021

Love Notions Ballad Dress

 I just had to make the Love Notions Ballad blouse into a dress!  I lengthened the blouse by 14" to make a knee length dress., added a self fabric belt, changed up the sleeve and used the gathered shoulder version.

Love Notions Ballad Blouse/Dress

I had this red & white check fabric in my stash for years and thought that it would make a nice end of summer dress.  My Brother CE7070PRW machine makes great buttonholes.........All 11 of them!  

Buttonholes

I also used the Brother CE7070PRW for sewing on all the buttons.  Easy & quick!

Buttons

The sleeves ended up being huge on me and Girl M. said bows on the sleeves and the belt was just too much.  The fit was good, the style good, just too frilly with so many bows.

Love Notions Ballad "End of Summer" Dress

I removed the sleeves, made bias tape from the check fabric and made the dress sleeveless.

Sleeveless

I made the gathered shoulder version.

Gathered Shoulders



I'm not sure what's next on the sewing machine..........my neighbor asked me to hem some jeans......6 pair!  Uggggh!  I hate hemming and alterations.  

Until next time..................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment