A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Designer Stitch Brenda Dress Tryout

 After having such success with the Designer Stitch Ariana Dress I wanted to give the Brenda Dress a shot.  I LOVE the petal sleeves the Brenda dress offers. Making a muslin was a must and it did not disappoint at all!  I made the round neck, petal sleeve, long straight skirt version.


Desgner Stitch Brenda Dress

I used a textured double knit fabric from my favorite Fabric Mart Fabrics.  The color is purple but looks more royal blue in the pictures.  The fabric was pretty sturdy, thick (whatever you call that) and It sewed up beautifully.  The pattern was a quick sew and the darts all matched up perfect.  

Brenda Dress

Back view

Petal sleeve

Designer Stitch Brenda Dress
I see lots of Brenda dresses in the future.  All the sleeve and skirt variations make this a true TNT pattern.  

I'm planning on sewing a formal gown for an upcoming wedding and I think that the Brenda dress petal sleeves are a contender.  I do prefer the Ariana dress bodice and waistband but we'll see what else inspires me.

Until next time..............

Bonnie


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love those sleeves-bet that are so fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am looking forward to wearing this dress one day. I just don't go anywhere at the moment but my wardrobe will be ready when I do!

      Delete