A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, October 8, 2021

McCall's 7912 Hacked with Silhouette Patterns #915 Hugo's Favorite Cardigan

 I had the McCall's 7912 on my sewing radar for the past few years because I had a fabric similar to what the model was wearing.  Finally, with Fall season coming I decided to sew it up.  But........I didn't have the McCall's 7912 pattern!  800+ patterns and I didn't have this exact one!  So I decided to make do.  After thinking about it, I could have used any robe pattern!  LOL!

McCall 7912 Inspiration

My Fabric stash from how long ago?  It looks pretty similar to me!


The Silhouette Patterns #915 Hugo's Favorite Cardigan was my choice.  I sewed up two sizes larger since I was using a woven fabric and I wanted enough ease to wear either a sweater or thicker shirt underneath.  

Silhouette Patterns #915 Hugo's Favorite Cardigan

My hacked version

Back View

Now all I need is cooler weather and someplace to wear my new jacket to!

Until next time........................

Bonnie


2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Your collar looks more snuggly than the inspiration pattern, I like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Exactly what I would have done with that fabric.

    ReplyDelete