A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

New Flooring-Day Six

 What a miserable, rainy day Friday turned out to be!  The contractors tried their best to finish the baseboard trim but the rain hindered them from cutting the trim outside.  They didn't want to use the saw in the house.  They worked until 7pm and will have to come back on Tuesday to finish the baseboards in the kitchen, pantry and laundry room. 

Dear Hubby took me out for a Catfish Dinner while we waited for the rain to stop.  Finally about 7:45pm the rain stopped and we started unloading the U-haul.  We needed to return it by noon on Saturday so time was not on our side.  We worked about 2 hours and got it 1/2 way unloaded.  Now the house is starting to get messy.

Since we were in such a time crunch, I didn't get photos and since life gets in the way of blogging I know this is a little delayed.

Living room with baseboard trim

Dining room with baseboard trim

Master closet

Laundry room

Dining room after unloading the U-haul

Sewing rooms!


We donated the Living Room furniture and are currently on the hunt for  something "new" to us.  But in the meantime we are sitting in our camping lounge chairs and two office chairs.  Life of Luxury!  The rug is for the Dining room but I didn't want the chairs to scratch my new flooring so we're putting it to good use.

Current Living Room situation

Girl M's new room is so cute!  Peaceful & so pretty!

Girl M's room

We moved the rug from the Living room into our bedroom.  We love it!  Dear hubby hung the curtain rods for curtains that I'm also moving from the Living room.  We installed roller blinds in all the windows.  The sun is so brutal during the day here in Florida.  We had all the windows tinted a few years back and that helps a lot but when the temps reach 100+ degrees during the summer I need all the help I can get.

Master bedroom
I want to go play in my new sewing rooms but there is so much paint touch ups and unpacking left to do that I will have to put sewing on the back burner for a bit.  Makes me sad, but my "new" to me house makes me happy!

Hugs & Thanks for listening to my non-sewing ramblings!

Until next time...............

Bonnie


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the completion and best wishes on the unpacking now. It all looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete