A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 15, 2021

New Flooring-Day One

 I have the best Family & Friends in the world!  Ten people showed up last Saturday between severe thunderstorms to help us move everything out of our house.  We rented a 24' U-Haul and also filled two 20' open trailers.  I had most rooms cleaned out and only had large furniture left.    

Dear Hubby helped me re-paint three rooms and partially gut a bathroom.  What have we gotten ourselves into?

I really think I have too much "stuff".  You don't realize how much you have until you have to move it.  I am seriously thinking of minimalizing the contents of the house.

Flooring delivered


Girl M. will be moving into this room.  Boy F. picked this wall color 10 years ago.  It's called Sweet Tea but looks more like UPS brown!


Dear Hubby bought me a paint sprayer to help make painting easier on me.  I have yet to use it since Girl M. loves power tools as much as me! 

Primer coat #1

Everyone said "You have a lot of lamps".  I don't think that's a lot but it was funny 3 different people mentioned it.  I didn't pack the lamps hoping they would be safer on the hearth than crammed into a truck.

Living room emptied

Dining room looking into my sewing room.  The flooring looks nice in these pictures but believe me they were what we could afford 10 years ago and are cheap.



Dining Room

These photos really lie.  The carpet is 25 years old and is gross.  It might look nice here but, YUCk!

Master Bedroom

Looking into my sewing room, there is a closet.  On the other side of the closet wall is Girl M's room.  We are having a doorway cut out so make my sewing room 2 rooms!  I AM SOOOO EXCITED!  I've needed more room.  After trying to see if I could fit all my stuff into Boy F's room I realized it wasn't much better.  Dear Hubby suggested I just make two rooms.  One will be for fabric and one for machines.  He's the BEST!

Sewing room

I miss sewing so much and look forward to decorating & organizing my sew rooms.  

Today the construction company showed up at 7:30 AM ready to start tearing out all the old floorings (7 different ones) , fix any flooring issues and maybe start on the walk-thru.  

We hired Two Cops Construction.  Isn't that a woot!  They were Deputies with the Sheriff's office and both we to work in the construction business.  I must say they have been on time every time they met us.  

I forgot my coffee creamer in there and dreading running in to get it!

Two Cops Construction!


More pictures tomorrow!

Thanks for listening to my "not sewing" adventures today.

Until next time..............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I could not imagine going through this. We have 3 levels so have never done all at one time. But on the plus side....you now know exactly what you have and will be evaluating if you still need it or not. Could be pretty refreshing. And with paint and new floors, the whole house will be 'like new' clean. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I seriously need to reconsider ALL the "Stuff" I have. I may not be putting it ALL back into the house. The house was in need of a good deep clean. I'm just embarrassed how dirty it was.

      Delete