A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

New Flooring-Day Two

 This is our Home Sweet Home for the week. We purchased this travel trailer in 2019 for Hubby's retirement and with hopes to travel the United States.  Well, we made it to the front yard!

We bought a toy hauler in hopes of getting a motorcycle too but we've since changed our minds.  Dear Hubby decided he didn't want to die right after retirement. But we love the travel trailer so we're making it work.


First day of work:  Old flooring has been removed in 80% of the house and they have already started laying the new flooring in the living room, part of the kitchen & part of laundry room.  They made great progress yesterday.

Kitchen to Living room. No transition piece between rooms!

Living room

Our colors in the living room have been browns, tans, black & white.  I think maybe a little gray would look nice with the flooring now.

Living room

The contractor brought samples of flooring for us to choose from when we first met him. The first sample he showed us was exactly what we had in mind.  He impressed me that he listened what we wanted.  Little mixed colors, rustic, grain, textured, and waterproof.  Well, he delivered! A+!  The flooring was purchased at Lowes Home Improvement locally.  You can see it here.

We've never had to work with a contractor and I must say, so far, so good.  You must just have to find the right one.  I think the hardest part of all this except the moving out is staying out of the house.  I really want to go help.  But I'll be good and stay out in my camper, out of their way and wait for them to leave at 5pm so I can go in and oogle!

Until next time................

Bonnie

3 comments: