A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, July 27, 2020

Butterick 6621 View A Twist Front Knit Dress

I'm not sure why I'm on a roll to make dresses when I'm not able to go ANYWHERE?!?  But I plan on being prepared!

I liked ALL the versions of the Butterick 6621 so I just started with View A.

Butterick 6621

Butterick 6621

I cut a size 16 at the bust, 18 at the waist and 20 for the hips.  I made a 1/2" sway back adjustment prior to cutting out my fabric.  I used a cotton knit fabric in my stash that had a medium amount of stretch. 

Butteric 6621 View A

Back View
 I ended up taking in from the waist thru the hips making the pattern a true size 16 in the end.  I still think I'm bigger than I am.  I made one long and one short sleeve for testing.  The long sleeve was tight below my bicep to my wrist??? So I cut it off to make a short sleeve.  Easy fix!

Two different sleeves! 

Fixable Wearable muslin

This is a wearable muslin, and I may make a Church version but I'm thinking of making a View B first.

Until next time..................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment