A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 5, 2020

Love Notions Rhapsody Ivory Floral Burnout Dress

I've been sewing up pretty dresses with nowhere to wear them to!  I am hoping that Church services will resume soon to regular "indoor" services.  We've been having curbside style services and they've been ok but it's starting to get HOT here in Florida!  A girl with her own hot flashes needs AC!

I sewed up the Love Notions Rhapsody dress  in this poly/cotton floral burnout shirting fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com.  $1.99/yard.  I know it's very thin but I think if I make colored slips they will change up the dress for different occasions.  Maybe a pink, or yellow and a black under dress?



Love Notions Rhapsody Ivory Floral Burnout Dress

Ties

I thought I cut out the bishop sleeve pattern piece but oops!  They are elbow length so it's ok.

Elbow elastic sleeves

Back View

Side View


A simple, summer dress with hopes to wear it one day soon.

Until next time................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty as a dress in THAT fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an interesting dress and the idea of different colored slips sounds fun. I hope you will show this dress with your colored slip to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern and I love the dress. Looks so summery and cool

    ReplyDelete