A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, June 8, 2020

Love Notion Rhapsody Green Stripe Seersucker Dress Hack

I am loving the Love Notion Rhapsody pattern so much I had to hack the top into a house dress.  No elastic waist but dress length.  I kept the curved hem, made it sleeveless and no ties.  It's the perfect dress to wear at home during the HOT summer months.


Love Notion Rhapsody Green Stripe Seersucker Dress Hack
I made self bias binding for both the armholes and the neck.  This seersucker screams beach wear.

Armhole bias binding

Back view

Bias binding at neck
I prefer the cotton/poly seersucker because the fabric doesn't wrinkle.  Wash, dry, wear & go!

Fabric Tag $8.00 Dress
I wonder how many of these dresses is too many?

I'm off to sew something wonderful!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric--a great 'too hot to get dressed' kind of dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a one & done getting dressed in the mornings type person! This dress is a staple in daily dresses now!

      Delete
  2. Nice make! I can't do poly--too hot for me in our Texas heat.

    ReplyDelete