A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

McCall 7193 View B Orange Rust Polyester Top

Well, I wish I had new news regarding Hurricane Dorian.  We are still waiting.............bags packed, Weather Channel watching, eating all our hurricane snacks and now a little restless.  The storm looks like it's going to pass by us far enough to the East that I am no longer planning on evacuating.  We will be outside the tropical wind field and minimal rain amount is expected now.  If DIL is uncomfortable staying by herself tonight I might go over but I'm not worried about the wind and I really want to stay at my own home.

I saw this picture and it made me laugh...........this is how we are feeling.  We have been preparing for over 10 days!  If you weren't ready by now, you NEVER will be.  It's been good practice for us.  


Hurricane Dorian

Girl M. liked my tropical print top but preferred the long sleeve version.  I thought that this polyester fabric would work and if she didn't like it, no big deal.  I cut a size 14 for her and ended up letting out seams so that it would fit.  She's growing up!  But the top turned out very nice!

McCall 7193 View B Orange Rust Polyester Top

Back View
The top was tight across the back, and the bicep area was snug.  I did the best I could, lowering the armhole 1-1/2" and letting some of the sleeve cap gathers relax through the entire armcye.  It made it wearable!
Sleeve

Cuff & Button

Front view

I let out the top the most possible at the hip area but you can see it's a little snug.  She didn't care & said she would still wear it.

Girl M-Front view

Girl M-Back View
Overall I'm pretty impressed with this top and Girl M has picked out two more fabrics for more tops.

Until next time..................

Bonnie

2 comments: