A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, September 6, 2019

McCall 7193 v2 Orange Tie-dye Challis Top

We are safe and truly BLESSED!  The hurricane passed by us within 30 miles!  We had 1" of rain and barely a breeze!  30 miles East of us received Tropical strength winds & 6" of rain.  That was a close one!  Thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement.  They were received & held near my heart!

Girl M is hitting the jackpot with the McCall 7193 tops.  She picked out this orange tie-dye starbust polyester challis fabric for the next version.

I did make a few pattern adjustments starting with adding 5/8" to the side seams and the sleeves seam allowances.  I also lengthened the sleeves 1".

McCall 7193 v2 Orange Tie-dye Challis Top

In place of the shoulder pleats I gathered the fabric since the fabric was so soft & drapey.

Shoulder pleats

Side View

Back View
I think I'll pat myself for this beautiful cuff & buttonhole.  Thanks to Islander Sewing Systems, I've learned an easy way to apply cuffs and sew without (too many) pins!

Cuff & Buttonhole
I'm off to sew something wonderful!

Until next time......................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The fabric, the color and the style! Great job on those cuffs!

    ReplyDelete