A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, August 30, 2019

Current Situation

We'll it looks like we are in for another Labor Day hurricane!  Two years ago we had Hurricane Irma and now we are dealing with Dorian.

What started out late last week as a tropical storm, no big deal, has turned into a major storm.  Even for us who live 120 miles inland from the expected landfall our biggest fear is rain, wind and tornadoes. 

Girl M. and I will be evacuating to our Son & Daughter In Law's home about 20 miles farther West.  Us Girls and the dogs will have to handle whatever comes because both Sons & Dear Hubby all have to work.  We got this!

Remind me again why we live in Florida!


All sewing has been put on hold while hurricane preparations are being done.  I'm sure when the storm is over we will have many days without power.  We have a generator but rough camping doesn't help the sewing mojo.

Keep us in your prayers

Until next time..................

Bonnie

12 comments:

  1. Batten the hatches and sit tight. Even here in the panhandle of Florida we are checking generators and water and stock of "hurricane" food. Praying it doesn't cross Florida and go into the gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former Gulf Coast resident (Houston) having gone thru Hurricane Harvey my prayers are with you. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are still waiting on the storm to turn North. Keep praying!

      Delete
  3. I hope you and your family remain safe, experience very little damage and isn't without power long. You and your family will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking of us. We're still watching & waiting.

      Delete
  4. You and your family are in my thoughts. Living in South Africa I can not imagine what you must endure during a hurricane. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely praying for you, your family and everyone in the path of the storm. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought the wait was worse than the storm until it turned into a major category 5 hurricane. Now it just needs to hurry and move away, far, far away!

      Delete
  6. Good luck . I hope that no lives will be lost. It must be terrifying to go through this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still in a wait and see mode. This must me the longest, slowest storm ever! I hope it stays off the coast and moves away quickly.

      Delete