A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, August 19, 2019

McCall 7193 Woven Top

Another attempt to sew up a woven top.  This time I looked up the reviews prior to sewing and they were above average.  Nothing negative though so I moved ahead to give this pattern a shot.

McCall 7193

Woven Top
 I chose to start with View "C" for the muslin/trial run. I like all the views and may try them all. 

 I had this soft woven border print in my stash forever and would not be sad if the pattern didn't work out.  I cut out a size 18, tapering to a 22 at the hips and added 1/2" at the hip seam allowance.  I used my own woven sleeve pattern.

The directions are good and the notches match up perfect.  I liked the neck facing details and the neckline laid nicely.  The hem finished beautifully too.

My only disappointment was that the top is too big.  I am thinking of gifting the top to my Mom. 
It's her color & her style. 

McCall 7193 Woven Top

Side View/Sleeve

Back View

McCall 7193 Woven Top
I'm really liking this top so I've decided to try a size 16 and making the sleeve shorter/smaller.  I have a few different versions in mind and I really want this pattern to work.


On Sundays Dear Hubby & I usually try to take a selfie (for my Mom).  This one isn't too bad.

Sunday Selfie
Until next time........................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment