A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, August 23, 2019

McCall 7193 v2 Hot Pink Floral Crepe de Chine

I really liked the first/muslin version of the McCall 7193 woven top but it was too big.  I tried again using a size 16 tapering to a size 22 at the hips.  The crepe de chine wanted to move around a little when sewing but overall it was nice.  I made short sleeves for this version and made the back piece have a center back seam so I could do a sway back adjustment.

McCall 7193 Top

Side View

Back View

$3.20 Top

It took Lily two lessons to complete her first project.  She made an apron.  She is a very fast learner and very eager.  I enjoy our Monday lessons.  Next week we are going to work on making a rainbow pillow.
Lily's project



Lily's Singer sewing machine
I have an idea in mind for another McCall 7193.

Until next time............................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. The top looks good! And how fun to have a sewing student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rayon crepe de chine sounds soft and very smooth and I love the bright print . I can't believe it was only a few dollars to buy. You have chosen a great pattern to match. I'm jealous of your fabric mart buys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same fabric and I'm working on a top, great minds!

    ReplyDelete