A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Hurricane Irma

I am writing this in advance of the oncoming hurricane Irma.  I have lived 38 years in Florida and this will be my first full on hurricane.  We've had bad weather from previous storms but nothing direct.  I have prayed that Irma shifts more east since we live 60 miles inland from the West cost of Florida.   My Mother and Brother both live about 60 miles inland from the East coast of Florida and I do not wish this storm on them either.  But it doesn't look like either of us are going to get a break this time.

We live 12 miles ESE of the green dot :(

Since we live in a mobile home, I will be staying with our oldest son and his wife.  Dear Hubby has to work  during the storm so it will just be the kids and myself.  I really dread leaving my home.  I dread trying to get back home after the storm and I dread what is probably going to be destroyed.  I spent most of the day Friday just walking around the house looking at my home and praying it will all be here when I get back.


I worry most about Dear Hubby since we won't be together.  Days like this make me look forward to him retiring.  I know that us being in a safe place will be one less thing for him to worry about and we will be able to see him by next Friday hopefully.  Communication will be limited if there is major damage but we will do the best we can.

I've tried to sew this past week but I keep getting distracted by hurricane preparations.  I cooked a few meals ahead of time and froze them so that we can just re-heat them on the grill.  I did go to the grocery store this week too.  I didn't buy water but I did have to buy toothpaste (there wasn't anyone in that isle!)  I got gas early this week and since I didn't plan on going anywhere except to take Boy F to the oral surgeon to have his wisdom teeth removed, I'll be good on gas.  I have froze every container that would hold water and bleached all of our ice chest.  Tied down all of our outside furniture and cleaned our yard.  I have also watched The Weather Channel non-stop in hopes that Irma's path will change.

I hope when I get back I don't have major before & after photos to share.  Maybe a little limb down here and there.  Maybe a funny thing found in our yard from a neighbor but I really pray that there is nothing major.

Prayers for ALL of Florida and I'll post as soon as I'm back home & safe.

Until next time.............

Bonnie




5 comments:

  1. I went through Kate (1985) in a trailer - never again! God was gracious and everything survived, but it was scary. Prayers for you and all of us in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Florida and Georgia too. Stay safe and I pray that your home is still in GREAT condition when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you'll be separated from your husband during this time. I hope you all stay safe and are able to return to an undamaged home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Faye. Prayers for all of us in FL and GA. FL mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been worried about you Bonnie,thank you for posting. Praying for you, your family, and everyone in Florida.

    ReplyDelete