A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hurricane Irma Update 1

I do have a funny story to tell.  While evacuating to our oldest son's house for the hurricane, Dear Hubby followed me over (in his unmarked police SUV).  Traffic was light, not too bad, but I noticed on a few 4-lane roads that the traffic was lined up behind me where most of the time traffic just zooms by like you are sitting still.  I mentioned to my DIL about how nice the drive was, no crazy drivers and that everyone was going the speed limit.  She looked at me like I had lost my mind!  Then she let me know it was because I was being followed by a police car!  I guess I'm a unicorn & rainbows type of person and I was impressed that people were driving so well.


I saw people lined up for miles at gas stations, two men fighting at a gas pump and people leaving their cars alongside of the road out of gas.  Dear Hubby had a few crazy stories from work.  25 Chihuahuas  running around a gas station.  People looking for a loose dog in the Sheriff's office while he was sleeping, someone calling 911 because the local pizza place didn't answer their phone......

Staying with my son and DIL is better than staying at the Hilton Hotel.  The accommodations are excellent, the food delicious, the bed is so comfortable but the company is the best of all.  I love spending time with both of them and I am so blessed that they opened their home to me & Girl M.  So far we've not lost power and the rain is just a nuisance while walking the dogs.  I feel more like I'm on vacation but I miss Dear Hubby!


I know that tonight will be long.  Hurricane Irma has made landfall 250 miles south of us and we are still in the direct path.  We've prepared for the worse, hope for the best and will just ride it out tonight.

Thank you all for your kind comments and your prayers, Today is a much better day mentally than yesterday for me.  Leaving my home was hard.  Even more so since I'm a hermit homebody!

I hope to be able to update soon with good news and an uneventful night.

Until next time.............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment