A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 10, 2017

Tan Princess Seam Peplum Ponte Knit Top

I've been looking at a peplum style top.  Being a busty, lumpy, curvy girl I didn't want the top to accentuate my hips.  I used my TNT Simplicity 7243 princess seam sheath dress as a base.  I shortened the length and added a little width at the bottom hem of the side front and side back pieces.

I only had enough fabric for a short sleeve version.  I'm not a big fan of solid tops since I fear a cold room or just that my bra seam shows.......

Tan Princess Seam Peplum Ponte Knit Top

Back View

With Fall Paisley Skirt

With Plaid sharkbite hem skirt

With Navy Ponte Knit Slim Skirt
I hope to be brave enough to wear this top.  I like the navy ponte knit slim skirt the best.  Maybe a nice scarf too.

Until next time..............

Bonnie


3 comments:

  1. Nice job! That top is really cute. Hopefully you'll like it enough to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you did this top. It's so stylish! Yes, peplums do look nice with slimmer skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share the same 'fear' of solid color tops. Looks really nice tho. Definitely a scarf for color at the face and to draw the eye up.

    ReplyDelete