A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 3, 2017

Baby Blue Striped Jersey Knit Cardigan

I think what I don't like about jersey knit are the types that are paper thin.  They move around a lot, it's hard to get the selvages to line up, they roll on the cut edges and they cling to my lumps & bumps.  Then I find a jersey fabric that is beautiful.  Soft, behaves well, and is a pleasure to work with.  Arrrgh!  Why can't they all be like this?

I thought a simple cardigan would be perfect match for this striped jersey knit fabric.

Baby Blue Striped Jersey Knit Cardigan

Self drafted pattern

Back view

$5.98 Cardigan

Waiting for cooler weather
I'm not sure what will be next on the sewing machine............maybe something in wine colors.........we'll see..............

Until next time.................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful. That type of jersey is a great sew -- and you're right hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete