A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pink Black Jersey Knit Drape Neck Top

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

There are a few ladies of our Church that I really like their style.  Both ladies are older than myself by about 20-30 years.  But they always dress so classy.  "Jan" likes to dress in boxy style jackets with blouse and skirt.  I've always admired her jackets and I do own a jacket that I refer to as my "Jan" jacket.  She always had her accessories matching and I always try to compliment her on her outfit.  A few months ago she had on a pink & black chevron? type print drape neck top under a black jacket and with a black skirt.

I knew I had to make a top similar to hers.  Luckily I found a fabric at my usual online shopping place of www.fabricmartfabrics.com that was similar. 

I do love me a drape neck top so the pattern wasn't even an issue on this make.  The fabric was a jersey knit and of course it would be a thin, rolling to the inside when cut, won't stay on grain and the yard of fabric was cut short.  But I went ahead with a sleeveless version and I can't wait to show it off to "Jan".

Pink Black Jersey Knit Drape Neck Top

Loving this top!

With Black ponte knit slim skirt

With Ponte knit jacket & skirt

$4.00 top!
I think this top will be a wardrobe staple and I will get a lot of wears out of it!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Another great addition to your workable wardrobe.Cowl neck blouses are my absolute favorite and such an easy sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this with the jacket and skirt! I just ordered some fabric from FabricMart waiting for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete