A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Styla Portofino Dress

Hello Dear Friends!  I have been sewing but between caregiving and life, blogging has taken a backseat.  I'm happy to report that we were truly Blessed to be outside of the damage area from Hurricane Ian.  We never lost power, only received 3" of rain and minimal winds.  Boy F is working in Ft. Myers area helping to restore power to the damaged area.  Prayers for him, all linemen & people recovering from the storm.

One of my latest sews is the Little Lizard King Styla Portofino Dress.  I love the cowl style drape neck and the  back has a lot of interest too.  There was nothing to not like about the pattern.  I'll make quiet a few of them I'm sure.

Styla Portofino Dress

Back View

I love the look of the circle sleeves on this dress.  I did not finish the edges/hems of the sleeves or the dress.  No one will know!

Sunday Selfie

I'm considering a split short sleeve on this version.  I also made the skirt a midi circle skirt in place of the rectangle gathered skirt previously.

Trial fitting version with circle midi skirt


Portofino with circle skirt & split short sleeve

Back view

I used ITY/DTY knits for both dresses.  This pattern & fabric combo can make this dress as dressy or casual as you want.  It's a great overall pattern.

Sunday Selfie

I hope to be able to post more sewing happenings in the future.

Hugs & Happy Sewing

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you and your family didn't suffer damage from Ian. Prayers for Floridians that are suffering. Beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete