A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 9, 2019

Vogue 8959 Wool Flannel Cape

Last year I made this Vogue 8959 cape in the long version.  Even though I loved the cape, it was HUGE this year and so heavy that it choked me when I wore it.  I had just enough leftover fabric and lining to make View A!  Win-win for me.

I made View A but lengthened it 1".   I now remembered why I was on the fence last time with this cape, all the layers at the neck with the collar can be very thick.  Luckily my "new to me" Janome machine did great once I changed the needle to a 100/60.  I don't know why I didn't use the industrial machine???

Vogue 8959
I used 2 yards of Deep Shadow Gray Wool/Polyester Double Weave Flannel Coating $14.00 and 2 yards of Black/Fuchsia Pink/Multi 100% Polyester Wave Stripes Charmeuse $7.00.

A $21.00 Cape!

I know it's not a flattering photo, as soon as gets cooler here in Florida, I'll try to update.

Vogue 8959 Cape
The button Girl M. picked out of my stash.

Stash Button
I'm off to sew something new!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

1 comment: