A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 16, 2019

Emerald Green Velvet Knit Dress

Girl M wanted a dress from a piece of beautiful Emerald Green Velvet Knit that I purchased from Fabric Mart Fabrics.  I used her usual TNT A-line dress, tapering the skirt to make it a little slimmer and I made the sleeves fuller with a cuff. 

Sleeve & Cuff

Sleeve


Velvet Knit Dress

Collar

Sleeve
 The fabric was a little bit of a headache.  I suffered through it but I think this fabric needs a pattern that has simple lines and not many pieces.

Sleeve/Cuff

My Dress Form had  a wedgie!

Back View

Girl M 


Christmas Nails
Until next time..............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Cute nails too. I have several pieces of stretch crushed velvet in the stash that I love but never pull out to work with. Maybe you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl M. loves doing her own nails, she's very talented. Hope you'll make something from your stretch crushed velvet fabric. Thank you for the kind comments.

      Delete