A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Sewing

Our oldest son & DIL host a themed Christmas party every year.  This year's theme was The Grinch.  We always have a great time & enjoy spending time with them.

I purchased iron-on's for our t-shirts. 

Grinch Party Shirts

My shirt


Twin needle stitching


Dear Hubby's Shirt

Girl M's Shirt

Boy AJ's Shirt

I needed two additional napkins for Christmas dinner.  I purchased the poinsettia fabric from my local Wal-Mart &  I used a simple rolled hem to finish the edges.
Napkins

Boy F. has a friend who has a 2 year old little girl who loves trains.  It's hard to find girly train fabric.  I realized while making this dress that I've NEVER made a little girl's dress!  It was fun.  I used Butterick 6239 for the dress.

Butterick 6239

Train fabric
I purchased the fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com

Rosette with train button

Our Sunday selfie:

Merry Christmas
Sewing has halted until after the Holidays. 

Until next time....................

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. You found some great iron on's for the t-shirts. Really sweet of you to make a dress for someone else's little girl and the train fabric will be a hit but the rosette with the train button is beyond adorable.
    You and hubby are looking sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for ALL the kind comments. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
      Hugs
      Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Hope you show more pictures of the Grinch party. You and your hubby look so nice. Your dress looks super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get a party photo up soon. Thanks so much for the kind comments. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
      Hugs
      Bonnie

      Delete