A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 7, 2019

You're Not Going to Believe This!

I MADE PANTS!!!

While out shopping Belk was having a great clothing clearance sale.  I found a pair of wide leg ITY type knit tribal print pants that Girl M. had her eye on.  I hate buying her clothes when she's not with me but for the sale price of $6.49 I thought I would take my chance.  I wasn't sure what size to get her so I tried on a pair of Large and they fit me so I knew they would fit her.  I would NEVER in a million years be caught outside of the dressing room in those pants!  But I was even more amazed that I fit into a Large pant!

She loved the pants and asked if I could just trace them and make her another pair.  I had a better idea since I've been working on knit shorts pattern for over a month for her.

I dug through my stash of knit pants pattern and found Butterick 4708.  Measuring her pants I lengthened the pattern leg and widened the circumference of the pants to match her pair.

Butterick 4807


After making her a trial pair she loved I made her a second pair she loved even more!

Butterick 4807

Back View

Side View

Then I suggest to her if we made a matching tank style top she could wear them together and it would look like a jumpsuit.  She didn't say anything at first then at dinner she told her Dad what a great idea I had!  Back to the sewing room to make a matching tank.  I used the top portion of the Simplicity 1355 jumpsuit.  Lengthening the bodice by 5".  She loved the top too!

Simplicity 1355

Simplicity 1355

Side View

Back View

Simplicity 1355


I'm still in shock that this Mamma made pants but even more shocked she loved them!

Until next time............

Bonnie




4 comments:

  1. They fit her PERFECTLY!!! I can’t wait to see the outfit! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outfit! So glad she loved both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she liked both pieces. The pants fit her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore jumpsuits YEARS ago and the thought of wearing one now is out of the question. I do like the faux jumpsuit look popping up on sewing blogs. The fabric and style you chose will be a great look for her. Great fit and she likes it--score!

    ReplyDelete