A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 28, 2019

McCall 6073 Red Rose Border Print Dress

I am really liking the McCall 6073 wrap front dress pattern.  I thought that this panel fabric would make a nice design on the dress.  I shortened the dress as much as comfortable but it still left a small amount of the floral design on the top of the skirt.  Looks intentional?

McCall 6073 Red Rose Border Print Dress

The elastic at the shoulders gives the top a little dimension and interest.

Shoulder detail

I felt like I was putting together a puzzle when trying to make the panels work for the back of the dress.


Back View

I also made a pleat shoulder TNT McCall 6844 pattern hack cardigan.  The color matched the roses perfect.

Cardigan & Dress

Shoulder pleat detail

$8.00 Cardigan/ $10.50 Dress

I wore the dress to our oldest Son's swearing in ceremony.  I never did wear the cardigan because it's so hot here.  But it folded in my purse without wrinkles.

Swearing in ceremony


Until next time..................

Bonnie

4 comments: